Businesses spent close to $600 billion on brand activation efforts in 2016. By 2020, that number will skyrocket to nearly $740 billion. Is your brand making similar investments in activation strategies to keep up?
We get it – marketing and advertising budgets are the first to be placed on the chopping block during annual reviews, making it even more important that the spend that is available, is used wisely.
For companies with physical storefronts, indoor and outdoor signage is often the first brand identifier. Signage helps portray a number of vital images, including:
- Who you are.
- What you do.
- How you’re different.
- Why you’re worth it.
- Why you care.
- What’s in it for the customer.
All of these facets of a company play into future customer loyalty, brand trust and business performance. Once customers can confidently identify the above brand differentiators, they become active stakeholders in the business.
HOW SIGNAGE TIES INTO REVENUE
At Signature Graphics, we’ve found that custom, specialty graphics utilized effectively on signs, banners, logos and decals produce a number of tangible benefits, such as:
- More phone calls.
- More web traffic.
- More sales opportunities.
- More impulse buys.
And it makes sense. Signage can pique interest, create lasting impressions, form relationships, answer questions and dispel rumors.
The Economic Center, at the University of Cincinnati, conducted a survey that measured the impact of signage for business owners.
Their results found that:
- Roughly 60% of businesses reported that changing the design or enhancing the visibility of their signage had a positive impact on sales, number of transactions and profits, with an average increase of about 10%.
- 38% of large companies with multiple locations identified branding/image as the most important purpose of effective signage, while small firms and single establishments perceived signs to be most important for making their business stand out and for helping customers find their location.
- Legibility was chosen by both consumers and businesses as the most important characteristic of signs.
When signs evoke the imagery of strength, creativity, authenticity, excellence and caring, they resonate with shoppers and passersby. These are the types of advertising messages businesses want to implant into the minds of the public, and by doing so, business owners stand a better chance of creating brand uplift, a phenomenon that can lead to higher-than-expected revenue and increased lead conversions.
With the level of brand activation spend forecasted this year, it’s clear companies are making a concerted effort to revise and revamp their brand identities. In today’s age, these initiatives typically make waves in the digital sphere, with brands overhauling websites, email marketing campaigns and content strategies. However, businesses that rely more so on foot traffic and traditional customer interaction – retail, hospitality, etc. – physical signage is paramount.
Signature Graphics has a host of brand planning, design management and graphic installation services that take the burden of brand activation off your plate. We can display custom signage on any surface or building, and even on sidewalks and vehicles. If you have the space, we have the signage!